Mexican teenager died from stroke ’caused by love bite from his girlfriend’

Mexican teenager died from stroke 'caused by love bite from his girlfriend' 5

In August 2016, a 17-year-old boy in Mexico City reportedly died after a love bite he received from his girlfriend caused a stroke.

Mexican teenager died from stroke 'caused by love bite from his girlfriend' 6

Julio Macias Gonzalez, 17, had convulsions while eating dinner with his family in Mexico City, after spending the evening with his 24-year-old girlfriend. Emergency services were called, but the boy died at the scene.

Doctors concluded that the suction of the hickey—or love bite—resulted in a blood clot, which travelled to Julio Macias Gonzalez’s brain and caused a stroke.

This was at least the second reported incident of a hickey causing a stroke. A hickey had caused a 44-year-old New Zealand woman to have a non-fatal stroke, according to a 2010 study published in the New Zealand Medical Journal.

The woman was temporarily partially paralyzed. The medics said the woman recovered after being treated with an anti-coagulant. Researchers at the time called the medical condition “a rare phenomenon.”

Total
28
Shares

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Article
The Expressionless

The creepy tale of "The Expressionless"

Next Article
Will & William Wests – The baffling case of two unrelated identical inmates 7

Will & William Wests – The baffling case of two unrelated identical inmates